Monday, January 7, 2013

Imagine, Believe, Achieve...Happy 2013!

It's a New Day.  A New Year.  A New You.  There are so many possibilities that lie ahead and yet, many of us get stuck in the details.  Ultimately, we give up and let go of that idea or that one dream that was going to allow us to discover opportunity. 
I have been unproductive and not myself since New Year's Day.  I have been sick with a fierce stomach bug for SEVEN days now.  Also, for the first time in my three year long distance running career, I have a foot injury and I'm under doctor's orders not to run at least until the end of the month.  I am ready to get up and get MOVING!  I have big dreams for 2013.  However, I'm still sorting out the details on how I will accomplish these dreams and the steps involved.
I am not a planner but I am usually very lucky to have things fall perfectly in place without a lot of effort on my part.  But to travel the journey I desire, I will have to change my ways.
I have had oogles amount of time in the last week to plan but have had absolutely no energy.  I am realizing how much I rely on my physical activity to get me motivated to tackle not only the daily activities in my life but also the energy to look beyond today and imagine what I want to accomplish in six months, in a year, or five years down the road...
My running has taken me to new heights. I have soared like I never knew I could and have accomplished the impossible.  I want to keep pushing myself but I also strive to keep aiming higher in all area's of my life. 
I want to practice mindfulness, every moment I'm awake.  I want to be more in tune with my family and my friends and be available during the Good and the Bad times.  I want to push myself with my writing.  Three novels started and they are all screaming to be completed.  I want to give to others and ask for nothing in return.  I want to let go of the negativity in my life and turn it into harmony.  There is so much more I can do.  Going up and down grocery isles, folding laundry and cleaning bathrooms are so difficult for me because I am constantly a seeker of inspiration and those activities are just plain dull.  I could care less how fabulous my chili is or if my house is sparkling clean or if the laundry is perfectly put away.  As I write this, I recognize that the things that inspire me, may not necessarily inspire you.  And that is OK.  We cannot live in a world where we are constantly judging and trying to control.  We must let go and experience the goodness that is in the Universe and help each other to be the best that we can.
As you move forward, L-I-F-E will happen.  You may want to collapse or feel like crawling under the covers and giving up.  We have all been there, experiencing life when it gets incredibly difficult.  Each of us has a story to tell.  No matter how dark the skies become, I beg you...Don't Let Go of Your Dreams!  Just remember these three simple things and you will see your life unfold as you imagined it.  Happy 2013!

No comments: