Saturday, August 29, 2015

Living In The Moment

The only thing about this post that is a part of my blogging routine regime is that I'm writing during the midnight hour. I may add photo's later. All I want to do in this exact moment is write.

There has been this blog post stuck in my mind for awhile. It is about the controversial argument of being vs. doing.

I'm a witness to it. Mechanical human beings, going about their day, checking off their motions. But what purpose does this serve in the end?

I've never needed a lot of things or money or a status symbol to sky rocket my happiness. I learned from a very early age that none of this matters. There were times when a cloud or a rainbow got in the way of my vision but now I see clearly. It is important to not stumble.

There is this precious gift called LIFE. I'm not joking. It is the best gift you will ever receive. Sometimes you will think you got the raw deal. It is a tricky tight rope of balancing. You somehow have to stay afloat and have a career and a family and not lose Everything. So many fail and fall off, never discovering the realization of what is truly important.

The focus is on the moment. 

The Exact Moment You Are Living. 

To dissect it. Absorb it. Integrate it. Let it become a part of who you are.
Yes, I know. It sounds absolutely exhausting. Why can't we just carry on instead of fully 100% being in the moment?
This is WHY.

Because at any moment's notice, we could be gone. Our last breath taken. I know this scenario entirely way too well. My life may appear sheltered but I have seen the front door to death and dying. More than anyone should EVER see in a lifetime.

Maybe this is why I inhale and exhale life at such a rapid rate that it is difficult to comprehend. My husband often asks me "When is it enough?" not really understanding what it's all about. It's not that I'm afraid of missing out on a memory. It's more about sucking every last breathe out of me. 

Every night, I'm thankful for so much. I can close my eyes with peace, knowing I gave back when the opportunity was presented and that I did not pass judgement. I just went with it. Letting life guide me, fast and furious or slow and gentle. I embraced conversations with complete strangers, sought meaning in the nature I enveloped myself within, loved those close to me, kept my eyes open for a new experience that would teach me valuable life lessons. It all happens every day, magical moments that stack up to create our wondrous life. 

Keep Your Eyes Open.

Welcome Opportunities. Even if they are outside your comfort zone.

Dream Big.

Believe. In Love. In Friendship. In Kindness. In Hope. 
And Always Believe in  Miracles. 

Appreciate Nature.

Marvel in the Beauty of each Sunrise and Sunset.

Chase Rainbows.

Live In The Moment. 

Wishing you Peace, Love & endless Magical Moments,
Amy

No comments: