Friday, August 14, 2015

Runner's World Cover Cover Contest! I'm one of the Top 100 Runners! Ineed you to please vote!!


I have exciting news to share! I was selected as one of the Top 100 Most Awesome Runners for the Runner's World Cover Contest! They were 1,600 plus applicants! This is simply amazing and I'm extremely honored!

The voting continues through Sunday, August 16th and this is where I need your help! Please vote for me everyday and please share this blog post! Your support is very much appreciated. 

Here is the link to vote:
http://coversearch.runnersworld.com/entry/292/

If you haven't already, please take a moment and read my entry. This is is more than winning a cover contest. This is a huge opportunity to share my story about my battle with Lyme Disease, overcoming obstacles with my running, giving back to the Lyme Disease community with my fundraising, and giving hope to all the Warriors out there fighting this debilitating disease. 

I have been battling Lyme Disease for 20 years and told I would never run again. I ran five miles on Thanksgiving Day 2009, after not running for fifteen years, and I have never looked back. I have continuously pushed myself outside with my comfort zone with my running and accomplished the impossible in March - running the Umstead 100 Miler in 29 hours, 36 minutes! I battled chronic fatigue, stomach issues and pain/tingling in my feet. I found out after the race that I was running with frost bite feet!

EVERY VOTE COUNTS! THANK YOU SO MUCH!  

Peace, Love, Running!
Amy
#LymeDiseaseWarrior




No comments: